Kitty Witch Hat
Halloween is my favorite time of year, and I always try to get my cats into the spirit, too. I whipped up some fun witch hats to try this year. These are pretty simple and are meant to just rest on top of the cat’s head — hopefully long enough for a cute photo op! Luckily, my cats are pretty tolerant (although they get a tad annoyed with me). But if your cat doesn’t like things on her head, these make cute Halloween decorations, too.
What you’ll need:
- Large piece of black or Halloween-patterned craft paper
- Ribbon (with no wire)
- Drawing compass
Tape or glue
Use your compass to measure about 3 inches out from the corner of your paper, then cut out this triangular piece.
- Roll this piece into a cone shape, and glue or tape it closed.
- Go around the bottom of your cone and cut 1/4-inch slits into the bottom every 1/2 inch, then fold them outward.
- Use your compass and the rest of your paper to make another circle that’s about 3 inches in diameter. This will be the brim of the hat.
- Place the cone on the center of the brim circle and trace around it, then cut that inner circle out. You may have to adjust the size of the inner circle a bit, but the goal is to fit the cone snuggly through the circle so the fringe you cut catches on the circle. Glue or tape the bent edges to the bottom, creating your hat. You also might need to adjust the size of the hat brim to fit onto your cat’s head. (Those ears can get in the way!)
- Decorate your hat with ribbon, Halloween stickers or anything else you like.